The Petition for Appeal of the decision of the Board of Zoning Appeals, which was filed on May 15, 2015 on behalf of ten Reston homeowners and two cluster associations, can be found below. The BZA overturned certain key decisions of the Fairfax County Zoning Administrator regarding potential development of the Reston National Golf Course.
These ten homeowners and two cluster associations all own property adjacent to the golf course and have legal standing to file the petition for appeal because they all are directly impacted and harmed by the BZA’s decision, which opens the door to re-development of the golf course property. While Rescue Reston as an organization may not necessarily have legal standing under Virginia law to file an appeal and therefore is not a party to the appeal, it is supporting the homeowners and cluster associations because a win for these parties will help to protect the golf course as the open space it was always intended to be, and will thereby benefit all residents of our community. Your contributions to Rescue Reston will help fund the costs of this litigation.
The Fairfax County Attorney’s Office and Reston Association have also filed appeals of the BZA ruling. We will posting an update later with links to those documents.
Below are links to the related documents for this appeal:
- 5-15-2015 Petition for Writ and Appeal of 4-15-2015 BZA Decision
- Exhibit 1 – 4-22-15 Letter from BZA Clerk to Frank McDermott, RNGC Counsel
- Exhibits 2-2A-2B-2C – Location Map and pgs 199-200 Comp Plan with RMP
- Exhibit 3 – C-135 Development Plan with notations
- Exhibit 4 – C203 Development Plan with notations
- Exhibit 5 – C281 Development Plan with notations
- Exhibit 6 – 6/20/12 Letter from Cathy Belgin, Zoning Administration to Mark Looney, RNGC Counsel
- Exhibit 7 – 3-31-15 Statement from Melinda Artman