Thank you to the over 6,000 petitioners (both online and on paper) whose support will continue to be important. Please stay tuned at RescueReston.org for future updates as we move into the next phase of this land use battle.
This does not end today.
Rescue Reston Attorney Randy Greehan submitted RR’s response to RNGC’s submission of April 1.
Following the January 21 BZA Hearing, attorneys for all parties involved were given a chance to submit additional information prior to the April 15 BZA meeting. Attorneys had until April 1 to submit documents to the BZA. Now the attorneys have until April 7 to file responses to each other’s April 1 filings.
Below are links to the letter and exhibits submitted by Rescue Reston’s attorney.
Here are links to the other filings:
If you haven’t signed the petition – click here to sign it online.
If you have already signed the petition – please ask two new people to sign!
[Photo: Jim Kirby]
You may want to familiarize yourself with Rescue Reston attorney’s letter to the Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA). If you opt to speak at the hearing, you do not need to talk about the legal arguments – our attorneys have that covered. It’s more important that you speak about how the redevelopment of the golf course would affect you financially and personally.
Below are links to the letter and the exhibits listed in the letter. These are separate files because some of the files are quite large. Exhibits 9 and 10 contain the details of the argument from 2012.
Wednesday, January 21:
12000 Government Center Parkway
Fairfax, VA 22035 (map)
- Arrive by 8:30am – be in the auditorium at 8:45am for group photo
- Come for group photo even if you can’t stay for the entire hearing
- Wear a Rescue Reston shirt or anything bright yellow/green to show solidarity
- If you’d like to speak:
- Call 703-324-1314 to register for Application No. A 2012-HM-020
- You are not required to register, but doing so ensures you are one of the first to speak
- When speaking:
- Start by stating your name and address and, if representing an organization, give the name of the organization
- If you are speaking as an individual, you will have 3 minutes; however, you may be told you only have 2 minutes, depending on the number of speakers.
- If you are speaking on behalf of an organization, you will have 5 minutes.
Note: Only one speaker per organization is allowed.
- Carpool with friends/neighbors/coworkers (sign up at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f094badac2ea6f49-carpool)
- The hearing will only be postponed for inclement weather if:
- Fairfax County offices (not just schools) are closed
- Unscheduled leave for Fairfax County employees is announced
More than 300 people attended the Rally to Save Open Space on Saturday, January 10! Rescue Reston president Connie Hartke talked about the history of the situation, current status, and what to expect at the BZA Hearing on January 21. Other community leaders spoke about the challenge we face and reminded the crowd that our united voice has the power to influence the outcome. Visit our Facebook page to see more photos from the event.
Come to the
Rally to Save Open Space
Saturday, January 10, 2015, 2:00-3:00pm
Hughes Middle School Cafeteria
11401 Ridge Heights Road
Reston, VA 20191 (map)
You can read the press coverage from Reston Now and the Fairfax Times.